Sunday, November 27, 2011

Jindal Diary: Jo dikhta hai wo hamesha sach nahi hota


I would like to make two statements.

1.      Am i not entitled some peace of mind? I will come back to this statement in a while.

2.      Meanwhile, I just realized that my plant is BIG. And when I say, big, I mean really big.

So, today it so happened that ‘This Lazy A$$’ finally went to meet his supervisor. TLA$ calls up his supervisor.

Supervisor: Ok, second half mein milte hai hum log. Baithte hai ek sath fir.
TLA$: OK Sir! I will be there in the second half.

There is a small flaw here, but. What exactly does ‘second half’ mean? The second half is highly subjective. Do we divide the day into two equal halves at the two 12s? Or do we follow the company’s timeline and divide the day into pre lunch and post lunch period. The post lunch period will then become the second half.

The part of exact timing comes into the picture once we have made the extremely difficult decision of dividing the day in two halves. If someone is expecting me in the second half then shall I drop at his office at the dawn of second half? What if, I decide to meet him when the second half is coming to an end, say just 2 minutes before 12 midnight? Technically I will be meeting him in the second half and he can’t say that I am late. How can I be late? You asked me to meet in second half and here I am.
It is like the case when someone asks, “give me a call sometimes next week.” So am I eligible to call past 12 midnight on Saturday? What does it mean!

So I propose a motion to ban the usage of such ambiguous statements. 

I learnt one more important lesson today.

Jo diktha hai wo hamesha sach nahi hota.

04: 00 pm: To TLA$ chal pade apne Manager se milne. Hostel se nikal ke main road per aaye to samne dikhne laga Blast Furnance-2 or BF2. There was the option of calling a cab from garage, but why bother! BF2 to nazro ke saamne hai.

 04:10 pm: TLA$ is still walking and yes BF2 is visible and very near.

04:25 pm: BF2 is still visible and now the board inviting you to BF2 is also visible. TLA$ is still walking.

04:40 pm: TLA$ reaches BF2 office, only to realize his manager has gone to some audit meeting and in all probability won’t be coming back to the office.

Awww! That was the exact expression on TLA$’s face.

It is now the time to discuss the second statement. Yaar, ye India chup chap ek match kyu nahi jeet sakti.

Bhai 7 balls, 4 runs. This is the age of twenty-20 cricket. Matches are won from much more precarious situations. And they manage to lose this one. A loss, it is for me, not a draw. And I am very unhappy.  

No comments: